New York, NY, USA
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. This global network is led by Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs and is comprised of universities, research centers, civil society organizations and other knowledge centers in support of the Sustainable Development Goals. National and Regional SDSNs have been established to accelerate practical problem solving for sustainable development at local, national, and regional levels.
Scope of work:
The SDSN is seeking a proactive, dynamic, hands-on, and creative intern to assist the national and regional SDSN networks team in the design and execution of an intra and inter-networks communication and engagement strategy. This entails tasks along the broad spectrum of online communications, content management and engagement-creating tools. The intern will be expected to craft original material as well as update or reposition existing materials for an array of platforms and audiences.
● Draft and edit news posts, press releases and emails for a multicultural, global audience
● Develop content for social media and SDSN’s internal communication channels, and draft visually appealing posts
● Monitor social media and draft responses to community posts/comments/inquiries
● Draft, reformat, and upload content into a private online platform for SDSN network members
● Engage with network contacts in various countries to source content such as photos, videos, and written pieces for communications initiatives
● Assist the SDSN Team with content migration between two web platformsPrincipal responsibilities:
The candidate should be able to manage multiple tasks, be well-organized, and work well both as part of an international team and independently. Impeccable command of English (oral and written) is required. Proficiency in other languages (Spanish, Portuguese) is an asset.
The candidate must be proficient in the use social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) and have experience preparing content for upload to different platforms (i.e. Canva or other design software).
Current undergraduate or graduate student in sustainable development (or similar), marketing or communications required. Only applicants with these specializations will be considered.
Eligibility to work in the United States required.
Timeline & compensation:
The internship will run for 6 months.
We are seeking candidates who are available 20 hours per week, though applicants who are available only part-time may be considered. Please note that the expected work, if part-time, would be 15 hours per week and an appropriate schedule can be discussed during the interview process. The internship will be compensated.
Entry date: As soon as possible.
Please submit a resume and cover letter using below form by April 15, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the information below and submit it to us for consideration.
(50MB file size limit)